viernes, 17 de febrero de 2012

Casablanca

             I love this film!. It's a classic and essential one. It was filmed in 1943.  It's considered as a master work and the second best film from all the times, after "Citizen Kane". In my opinion is one of the best romantic movies in the cinema history. It was nominated for 8 Oscar and won 3 of them.
            I enjoy a lot every time I see it and I always feel the same deep emotion, it doesn't matter the times I have watched.
            On the one hand, the leading actress, as well as the leading actor did some magnificent performances, I would say that Ingrid Bermana (Lisa) was gorgeous, perhaps better than Humphrey Bogart (Rick), but I don't know, I can't be sure because I adore Bogart. My mother loved him too and she always told me. We watched "Casablanca" together several times.
            It's said at first the actress was Michael Morgan but she wanted to earn 50.000 dollar and Ingrid Berman was ready with 25.000. I'm sure that Michael Morgan shouldn't have done like Ingrid Berman.
            On the other hand, the music is fantastic, like the memorable song: "As time goes by". I wouldn't tire to listen to it, although I should do 1000 times, in fact I usually listen to.  It's known, when the movie was finished,  the composer Mas Steiner wanted to change the song "As time goes by" shooting the stage again, but he coudn't do it because Ingrid Berman had had her hair cut to film with Gary Cooper "For whom the bell tolls". I celebrate it shouldn't be so!
           There are some unforgetable phrases in the movie such as:
          
           "Play it again, Sam", Lisa tells Sam when she arrives in Rick's café and she listens to it once more "As time goes by", then Rick listens to it too and goes to the piano, where Lisa is...
           "You played it for her, you can play it  for me", Rick tells Sam that night, after seeing Lisa...
           "We will always have  Paris", Rick says to Lisa, in an exciting stage...
           "It's my less vulnerable part", Rich answers to police chief after he told Rick "Remember, I'm aiming you at you heart"
           "I think it's the beginning of a good friendship", Rick told police chief at the end of the film.
            I would write much more about  this marvellous movie because there are a lot of saying. This is only a little summary.
           Have a good time!
           Pili Lanuza - Basic 2nd.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario